Best free betting offers
Welcome to Freebet.com, your Number One stop for the best free bets from UK-based online betting operators. All of the leading bookmakers offer a range of free bet offers to new customers and here we have listed all of the best bonus offers available to UK-based players. These free bet promotions are an excellent way to get started with each betting provider and you can claim one from each bookmaker, provided that you haven’t already registered with them already. They are very easy to claim and the general rule is that you will need to make an initial deposit and/or place a first bet in order to claim them.
How to claim free bet offers
There is nothing preventing you from opening several (or more) betting accounts with different bookmakers and this will allow you to benefit from numerous free betting offers as well as guarantee you the very best odds for each betting market. By doing this you will get far more flexibility and open up markets which may not be available with some betting providers. Bear in mind that in order to release each free bet bonus offer, you will need to part with your own cash and make an initial deposit or place a first bet. Each free bet offer comes with terms and conditions attached and it is important that you read these fully before parting with any cash.
Types of free bet
The free bets on offer take many forms but by far the most common is the simple ‘Bet X Get X’ offer and most bookmakers offer this sort of promotion to new players. The rule is that once you have deposited funds – usually £5 or £10 – you will then need to place a minimum bet (usually either of these amounts) and you will then get a free bet worth considerably more than the original bet, in most cases. A typical example of this is ‘Bet £10 Get £30’ whereupon once your first bet of at least £10 has been settled, you will receive free bet funds worth a nominal £30.
Many bookmakers offer a different sort of free bet promotion such as a matched deposit bonus – this consisting of a free bet bonus based on the amount of the initial deposit – while you can also find no-deposit bonuses from time-to-time. These are usually of a lesser amount – £5 or less – but the big advantage here is that you don’t need to part with any cash in order to claim them.
Claim free bets
At freebet.com you can take advantage of many great free bet bonuses from the leading UK bookmakers and you can find out more about each different betting operator by reading our reviews. Here you will find details of all the best free bet bonuses available from our betting partners as well as the sports covered, competitiveness of the betting odds and the types of betting markets available to new and existing players. The free bet offers can change regularly so revisit the review pages on a regular basis and see what the latest free bets are from each provider.
Free Bet FAQs
All of our featured bookmaker partners give new customers a wide variety of free bet bonuses and other free betting offers. These can all be claimed simply by registering using the unique links provided on this page. While these bookmaker promotions are described as 'free bets', the general rule is that you will need to make an initial deposit and often place a first bet before you can claim the free bet offer. Terms and conditions apply to all the free bet bonus offers, make sure that you read these fully.
All of the bookmakers featured on our homepage are fully licensed to operate in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. The free bets that they offer to new players can be used on most markets offered by these betting operators although there may be some restrictions as outlined in the terms and conditions.
Free Bets are free in as much as they allow you to place a bet without any cost to yourself, however in truth you will need (in most cases) to make an initial deposit and/or place a first bet before you will be awarded the free bet by the betting operator. Nevertheless, these free betting offers can be used to place bets in the same way as a normal bet although there will often be wagering requirements which will need to be met before any winnings from the free bet can be withdrawn.
There are a great many betting sites operating in the UK and almost all of those offer some sort of free betting offer to new players. Nevertheless, we at Freebets.com only feature the tried and trusted UK and Irish bookmakers and you should never register with any operator which isn't fully regulated and licensed with the UK Gambling Commission. Each free bet bookmaker has something unique to offer their players and the best way to get started with any bookmaker is to take advantage of their initial free betting sign-up offer.
Each online betting operator offers one sign-up offer and while some of these consist of two parts (for example '£30 free bet + 30 free spins for selected casino games'), the rule is that you cannot claim more than one sign-up free betting offer for each bookmaker. That said, there's nothing stopping you from joining numerous betting sites and claiming every free bet bonus, however remember that you will generally need to make a first deposit and make an initial qualifying bet in order to release each free bet.
Which bookmakers offer free betting bonuses?
All of the UK betting operators featured on our homepage provide new customers with some sort of free betting offer, whether it be a simple free bet or a matched deposit bonus. Some bookmakers offer a risk-free bet whereupon the initial stake is refunded up to a certain amount ion the wager proves to be unsuccessful. These free bet and risk-free bet bonus offers are an excellent way to get started with any Betting provider and while all of them come with terms and conditions attached (as well as wagering requirements in many cases), they are nonetheless an excellent way to get started and as a rule they are simple to claim.
At freebet.com you can benefit from a great many sign-up free bet bonus offers and there is nothing preventing you from taking advantage of every single one. Read our reviews and find out how you can use these free betting offers to their very best advantage and discover the types of sports betting markets on which they can be used. It is also worth considering the other non-sporting options available to punters, many online betting firms also offering a range of slots and games at a dedicated casino. You can often use the casino using your same login details as the main sports book site and as well as the sports offer, there is usually an excellent casino welcome free bet bonus consisting of free spins and slots on various games.
Our completely impartial and unbiased bookmaker reviews will assist you in making an informed decision with regard to which online betting provider best suits your needs. These reviews are updated regularly and feature all of the latest free betting offers as well as any other new promotions and enhanced offers.
How to find the Best Free Bets
Here at freebet.com we work tirelessly around the clock to provide our readers with the very best free bets offers from UK-based betting operators. Taking advantage of these free bet bonuses will ensure that you get started in the best possible fashion with any betting firm. We have completely researched each and every bookmaker and ensured that they operate to the very highest standard possible. Many free bet comparison websites simply outline the offer available to new players, however we delve deeper and find out how the whole betting experience offered by each free bet bookmaker compares with their main rivals. We check out which sports are offered, the range of sports betting markets, non-sporting options such as poker, slot games, bingo, eSports etc, plus the competitive of the odds across the board.
The needs of our readers are always our Number One priority and on that basis, we only ever recommend free bet bookmakers who offer their customers a top quality betting experience and service, including:
- Large choice of sports covered
- Wide range of betting markets
- Excellent sign-up free bet bonus
- Ongoing free betting promotions for existing players
- Easy to use website
- Dedicated mobile app
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Dependable and helpful customer support team
- Comprehensive banking options
- Quick and easy withdrawals
All free bet offers provided by betting operators need to follow specific rules and these are fully regulated in each country by the governing body. In the United Kingdom, each bookmaker is fully regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and they will closely monitor all of the free bet promotions and other offers to ensure that they always follow the strict guidelines. All bookmakers are usually on their guard to ensure that such free bet offers aren’t subjected to any bonus abuse and this in itself creates a rather thin line between giving the customer fair and acceptable terms and conditions while also creating rules and regulations so that bonus abuse doesn’t take place.As such, it is of the utmost importance that all players read fully the terms and conditions attached to every offer that they are considering taking advantage of.
Free Bet Offers for New Customers
Each and every UK-based betting operator offers a free bet offer to new players of some description. These are an excellent way to attract new customers while they are also a great way for players to get started. The generosity of these bonus free bets varies between bookmakers, however the general rule is that the free bet itself is usually of a greater nominal amount than the initial deposit or wager needed to release it. Below we have listed the more common types of free bet bonuses provided by the leading UK bookies, all of which come with unique terms and conditions which should be read in full. In most cases, you will be asked to make an initial deposit once registered and place a first bet at minimum odds within a specified time frame.
- Free Bet Bonus – The simple free bet bonus is by far the most common and more popular sort of welcome sign-up offer and they are designed to be easy to understand and simple to claim. Here you will be asked to make a minimum initial deposit into your new betting account and then you will be invited to place a first bet at minimum odds (again of a minimum set amount). Once you have placed your bet and it has been settled (either win or lose, it doesn’t matter), the free betting offer will be unlocked and you will need to use it within a specified time frame, usually 7 days from offer being released. These free bets bonuses come in varying amounts such as ‘bet £5 get £10’, ‘bet £10 get £40’, ‘free bets to the tune of £20’ etc.
- Matched Deposit Free Betting Bonus – These new-customer bonus offers may at first glance appear to be far more generous than the simple free bet, given that the bonus itself can be far larger. Nevertheless that isn’t the case due to the fact that in order to release the greater amount of bonus, you will need to make a bigger deposit, ie: part with more of your own cash. This is all good and well if you plan to make a large deposit in the first place, but if you intend to just deposit £5 or £10, then the simple free bet bonus is probably best for you. In this case, the bookmaker will give the new player a bonus to the same value as their initial deposit (where the matched deposit bonus is 100%). So for example, you make an initial deposit of £50 once registered, the betting operator will give you free bets to the same value – £50. Similarly, if you deposit £10, your free bet bonus will be just £10. Again, all of these offers come with certain terms and condition attached.
- Risk-Free Bet – This new-customer free betting offer takes a different form to those mentioned above. This offer is exactly what it says on the tin, it is a risk-free bet. Quite simply, you will be invited to make an initial deposit and then asked to make a first bet up to a certain amount. If this bet proves to be unsuccessful, you will get all, or part of your stake back. For example, if the free bet is ‘50% up to £50’, you will get half of all losses incurred on your first day up to a maximum of £50. The drawback here is that you only receive a free bet bonus if your initial ‘qualifying’ bet doesn’t win.
- Matched Free Bet Offer – This form of free bet sign-up offer is in many ways similar to the matched deposit bonus. The main difference is that instead of the bonus being directly related to how much you deposit initially, it is based on the amount of your first wager . In a nutshell, the betting operator will reward the player with a free betting offer to the same value of their first bet, so that if you bet £30 on any sports betting markets (subject to bookmaker terms and conditions), then the bookmaker will release a free bet bonus to the value of £20. Similarly, if the first bet has a value of £50, then a free bet of £50 will be unlocked. As in the case of the Matched Deposit Bonus, there is an upper limit to the value of the free bet bonus and this will always be made clear in the relevant terms and conditions.
- Enhanced Odds Free Bets Bonus – This takes a very different form to the bonuses mentioned above – indeed, this isn’t a free bet at all. Instead, this takes the form of boosted odds which are offered on some larger sporting events from time-to-time. The maximum stake for these boosted odds will generally be restricted to a smaller amount such as £5 or even £1 and any winnings made here will be paid out as free bets, unless the terms and conditions state otherwise. These new-player boosted odds will generally go on offer prior to large sporting events such as the World Cup, Champions league Final or Grand National and while in many cases they will complement the regular bookmaker free bet offer, in some cases they will replace the current offer.
- Specific Sporting Event Free Bet Bonus – In the lead-up to major sporting events such as the Champions league Final, Aintree Grand National, Wimbledon Tennis Championships or World Cup Final, many bookmakers will change their regular bonus offer and give new players a free bet to use on the event, whether it be a certain team, player or horse. Winnings here will be paid out in free bet bonus funds and will be subject to terms and conditions.
- Profit Boost Bonus – Once you have registered with a bookmaker, you have the option to bet big or just make a small bet. Should you opt for the latter, then the profit boost bonus will be right up your street. This is a far less common form of free betting bonus, however they are becoming increasingly popular amongst new bookmakers. In these cases, the betting operator will boost any winnings by a set percentage although your initial stake will be restricted to say, £5 or £10.
Free Bet Offers for Existing Customers
A new-customer sign-up free betting bonus is a good way to get things started with a new bookmaker, however it is also important that the betting operator keeps your interest. One way in which they do this is by giving away regular offers to existing players and there are some excellent deals to be had here. As with free bet sign-up offers, these promotions take a great many forms and players can use them to great advantage in order to add more value to their bets. Below we have listed some of the more popular bonus promotions aimed at existing players and these are also listed in our free bet bookmaker review pages.
- Free Bets Club – almost all of the leading UK bookmakers offer players some sort of free betting club and here the rewards are based simply on how much you play or the amount that you wager each week. Clearly these rewards and their generosity will vary between betting operators but a typical example would be perhaps a £5 free bet each time a player makes 4 acca bets in a single week. These free bet rewards are excellent for players who would usually make these sorts of bets anyway on a regular basis.
- Loyalty Free Betting Bonus – These loyalty free bet bonuses generally sit alongside the Rewards or Free Bets Club and are another way of rewarding players to use the site regularly to place bets. The bonuses on offer here can take a great many forms but the general rule is that they will be offered as free bets to use on specific sporting events, or perhaps boosted (enhanced) odds on a certain team or player.
- Insurance Free Bets Bonus – Numerous online bookmakers reward their loyal customers with an insurance on certain sports bets. These are very easy to understand and are generally available on larger sporting events, the rule being that when a player wagers on a certain outcome and the bet proves to be unsuccessful, the betting operator will refund the stake up to a certain amount, usually as free bets.
- Consolation Free Betting Bonus – In a nutshell, these free betting bonuses are awarded in the event that a customer’s bet is unsuccessful and a free bet is offered by way of a consolation. As an example, if you are a horse racing punter and your selection comes in second or falls at the last, you will get your stake back as a free bet. This is a popular offer for Grand Slam tennis tournaments such as Wimbledon or the French Open where a chosen player leads by two sets but subsequently fails to win the match.
- Early Payout – This is a very popular offer which is increasingly being used by the major UK bookmakers. A typical example: A customer bets on a football team to win a particular match and the selected team goes two goals ahead, the bookmaker will then pay out at the outright odds for the bet, even if the team subsequently fails to win the match. There may be a limit on the amount of the bet, however in some cases the amount accepted as a wager on Early Payout (EP) bets is limited only by the amount that the bookmaker would usually accept on all bets.
- Reload Free Bet Bonus – This bookmaker offer is designed simply to lure the customer into making another deposit. When the individual has exhausted their funds (ie their account is devoid of funds) and it has been in this state for a number of weeks, then the bookmaker will usually usually offer an incentive to deposit more funds, usually by way of a reload bonus such as a free bet of a certain amount or a matched deposit bonus.
Free Bet Bookmaker Loyalty Clubs
All of the leading UK bookmakers will offer players rewards for their continued loyalty and this is certainly a huge incentive for customers to place bets with just one single betting operator as opposed to using several for different bets. This works by rewarding regular players for placing a certain amount of weekly or even monthly bets. As a general rule, they usually work as follows:
- Each customer will need to play a minimum number of times or they will alternatively be required to place a minimum amount of bets each week.
- These bets will all need to be placed within a set timescale and they might consist of certain types of bet, ie: accas, trebles etc.
- In the event that the player meets these requirements, then the bookmaker in question will credit the betting account with certain bonuses such as free bets.
- The value of any free bets credited to the player’s betting account will be directly related to the value of the bets placed in the timescale.
- The general rule is that these loyalty clubs offer no more than a single free bet bonus each week although this isn’t always the case.
- All free bets and other bonuses offered by loyalty clubs come with terms and conditions attached. It is vital that you always read all of the small print beforehand.
Best Bookmaker Free Bet Bonus Offers
With each and every online bookmaker offering some sort of free bets sign-up offer to new players, choosing which one best suits your needs can be d a daunting task. These free betting offers take a great many forms and while we have outlined these above, it is important that you check out the bookmaker free bet reviews and read all of the terms and conditions. Here at freebet.com we have selected the very best bookmaker free bet offers available to UK-based players and you can claim any of these simply by clicking on the relevant link and completing the online registration form.
The Pools – Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
The Pools are quite simply one of the best UK online bookmakers around and they feature as our Number One bookie for a very good reason. Quite simply, this leading free bets bookmaker has earned an enviable reputation over the past few years on account of their extensive sports book coverage and hugely competitive odds. The Pools are without a doubt a household name thanks to their association with the Football Pools which were extremely popular in the UK prior to the advent of the internet and they are now one of the leading lights on the UK online betting scene. The Pools offer a wealth of great free betting promotions to regular players, while new customers can get started in excellent fashion with an exceptional welcome free bet sign-up bonus to the tune of £30 when they deposit and bet an initial £10.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+, UK only. Deposit and place a minimum £10 cash bet at single or accumulated odds of 1/1 or greater and we will give you 2 x £5 in free bets plus an extra 2 x £5 Free Bets and a £10 Casino Bonus with no wagering requirements the following day. Applies to first cash bet only. Free bets credited as 4 x £5 bets to use on 3x Any sport& 1x Virtuals. £10 Casino Bonus eligible to play on any Casino games. Cashed Out, Void or Draw No Bet wagers do not qualify for this promotion. 2 x £5 Free Bets are credited upon qualifying first bet settlement, other free bets and Casino Bonus credited by midday the day after your first bet settles. 7-day free bet and Casino Bonus expiry. Available once per customer. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Full T&C’s apply.
William Hill – Bet £10 Get £40 Free Bet Offer
William Hill are one of the longest established and most famous bookmakers around, not only in the UK but around the world. This is a truly multinational betting operator with customers in many different countries and they have plenty to offer even the most demanding punter with almost every conceivable sport on offer along with a massive range of sports betting markets. The odds on offer are hugely competitive right across the board and there are some great free betting offers available to all players. The best news for new customers is that William Hill have on offer one of the very best free bet bonuses around, just bet £10 or more and you will then receive £40 in free bet bonus funds. Terms and conditions apply.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+. Play Safe. New customers using Promo code Z40 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 4 x £10/€10, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms
BetZone – Up to £60 in Free Bet Bonuses
BetZone are a relatively new UK betting operator having been launched in 2021, however they nevertheless feature very highly on our listing of the very best free bet bookmakers. They launched to relatively little fanfare but have subsequently enjoyed rapid growth to the extent that their customer base is one of the largest around. This impressive expansion has been made possible by an excellent sports book which has attracted many admirers thanks to competitive odds across a wide range of sports betting markets and a simple-to-use website. There are free bet offers galore for regular players at BetZone but new players can also take advantage of an exceptional bonus offer which takes the form of up to £60 in free bets.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: Betzone Welcome Offer; Up To £60 In Free Sports Bets; 18+ New customers only. Certain bet types excluded. Restrictions + T&Cs apply. These Promotional Terms & Conditions apply to this offer only. They should be read alongside our General Website Terms & Conditions.
BetVictor – Bet £5 Get £30 in Free Bets
BetVictor hold a special place in the hearts and minds of UK-based punters. This is one of the largest bookmakers in the country and they are certainly amongst the most popular, the operator earning the name ‘Gentleman Bookmaker’. This nickname is well earned and has come about due to the reputation BetVictor have of putting their customers first every time. You really can bet on almost everything here – the choice of sports and betting markets is truly exhaustive. Not only that but the odds on offer are genuinely some of the best around, especially when it comes to football where BetVictor consistently sit at the top of the pile. There are many great free bet promotions to be found once registered, however new players can get things off to a flyer by taking advantage of BetVictor’s exceptional free bet sign-up which consists of a £30 bonus which is released once an initial £5 has been wagered. .
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly
Bet Goodwin – Up to £25 Free Bet
It’s fair to say that Bet Goodwin aren’t exactly a household name but they were created by the larger and better-known Goodwin Racing which made their name through their hugely popular telephone racing service, used by a huge number of horse racing fans over the years. Here you will find a comprehensive sports book which covers all bases, while the range of betting markets is as good as anyone could wish for. This may be a relatively unknown operator but they are experiencing solid growth and look set to become one of the major players in years to come. They offer an excellent website with many impressive features and ongoing free bet offers for regular players, however the best news for new customers is that Bet Goodwin are giving away up to £25 in free bets once registered. Join today using the links on this page and get started with Bet Goodwin in the best possible fashion by taking advantage of this excellent free betting offer.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic Terms: 18+. New accounts only. Must have a minimum of three bets of £10 at odds of Evens (2.0). Terms and conditions apply, see website for full details.
SBK – Deposit £10 Get £30 Free Bet Promotion
Over the past two decades the UK betting scene has changed beyond almost all recognition with a huge range of new betting operators offering a somewhat bewildering array of free betting bonus offers and other promotions. Indeed a huge number of betting firms have appeared on the scene and while a large number of these have subsequently ceased operating or have been taken over by larger bookmakers, SBK have managed to more than hold their own and make a success of their operations in a hugely competitive marketplace. Indeed SBK have carved out an enviable reputation based on creating a solid betting platform upon which players can choose from a huge number of betting numbers across a vast range of spirts and events. Lots of thought has been put into SBK’s online product and this is immediately apparent from the outset.
The main focus of SBK is their mobile platform and for players who like to bet ‘on the go’ using their mobile or tablet will find SBK to be extremely useful for their needs. The main website is responsive for use on mobile or desktop but the dedicated app really allows SBK to come into their own, users able to easily locate their chosen markets and sports with ease. Indeed, there are many great offers and free bet promotions to be enjoyed on the dedicated app, however new players can also benefit from a great free betting offer upon joining. Register using the unique links on this page and grab yourself a free bet bonus to the tune of £30 when you deposit and wager a minimum of £10.
Free Bet terms and conditions
New UK, IE & Malta customers only. Min £10/€10 first deposit using Debit Card. Place a bet of £10 at min odds of 1.5 and get £10. Further £10 credited after 7 days. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Full T&Cs apply.
Ladbrokes – Bet £5 Get £20 in Free Bet Bonuses
Whether you are seasoned online gambler or have never even considered placing a bet, you will surely have heard of Ladbrokes. Quite simply, this is the oldest and most famous online bookmaker currently operating. Having been formed as far back as 1886, and they offer the punter everything they could realistically wish for, from hugely competitive odds and offers to a comprehensive sports book covering all of the more popular – and also all of the less common – betting markets. Here you can bet on almost everything and there are great ongoing free bets and other promotions open to every player. New customers can get things off to a flyer with Ladbrokes offering a free bet bonus of £20 once an initial deposit and bet of at least £5 has been made. This may not seem like the most generous free bet offer out there but the fact is that it will only cost you a fiver of your own money and it is extremely simple to get your hands on. Terms and conditions apply, 18+, new customers only, please gamble responsibly.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: 18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. Please bet responsibly
Quinnbet – £35 Free Bets Bonus + 10 Free Spins
Having been launched in 2018, Quinnbet can be regarded as one of the newer bookmakers operating in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. This is an all-encompassing brand which as well as a very popular sports book also includes an excellent online casino with a wide range of slots and other games, as well as a lottery platform. Based in Ireland but licensed to operate in the UK, Quinnbet is an excellent online betting operator and while horse racing and greyhounds feature heavily here, players can choose from a multitude of different sports. The website may seem rather simple at first glance but the reality is that it does the job admirably. Indeed, this site’s simplicity is one of its best points in that it is very easy to navigate around, even first time users able to quickly get a feel for the layout. Quinnbet has also provided the player with an excellent dedicated app for iPhone and Android and from here you can bet ‘on the go’ with hundreds of betting markets on all major sports at your fingertips.
The fact that Quinnbet isn’t very well known means that the website has been able to maintain a more personal and friendly tone, something that has undoubtedly been lost at some of the larger online betting operators. While existing players can benefit from a range of great free bet promotions and other rewards, new customers haven’t been forgotten either. Once registered with Quinnbet, all new players can take advantage of an exceptional free betting bonus which involves two distinct parts. First of all there is an excellent free bet bonus worth £35 and this is effectively based on 50% all losses occurring on your first day. Quite simply, place bets on the first day after opening your Quinnbet account and any losses you incurred will be refunded at a rate of 50% up to a maximum value of £35, paid into your new betting account as free bets. In the event that your account is ‘up’ on the first day (ie: you make a profit) and you have placed at least one bet to the value of £10 at minimum odds of Evens, you will receive a free bet bonus to the value of £5 which can be used on any Quinnbet market (terms and conditions/restrictions may apply). Not only that but you will also receive 10 Free Spins which can be used on selected games.
This excellent two-part welcome free bet sign-up bonus is available to all new customers aged 18 or over and is subject to terms and conditions as set out on the Quinnbet website. Please ensure that you take the time to read these terms fully before accepting the free betting offer.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Deposit and bet on any Sportsbook markets of your choice today (horse racing, football, tennis, darts etc) at odds of evens (2.00) or greater. If your account has Sportsbook losses at the end of your first day’s betting (23:59), we’ll refund 50% of your first day’s losses as a Free Bet up to £35 (normally £25) plus, you get 10 Free Spins on World Darts Championship (minimum 3 bets required). Terms and conditions apply. 18+
BetTarget – Bet £15 Get £10 in Free Bets
BetTarget are one of the newer online betting sites to have appeared on the UK betting scene and they have taken the approach of building a no-frills operation which shows clearly when using their no-nonsense website. This simplicity is what appeals to many punters and it certainly makes moving around their website extremely easy. Finding your chosen sport or betting market presents no problems whatsoever and the lack of frills makes this an overall pleasurable experience. Nevertheless when it comes to sports coverage, there really isn’t anything lacking here. OK so horse racing and greyhounds aren’t featured but these aside, there really is almost everything the punter could realistically wish for. Football takes centre stage as one would perhaps expect and the coverage of the beautiful game is immense, the larger games in England, Italy, Germany, Spain and the rest of the world consisting of hundreds of different markets. Indeed some Premier nLeague matches can include upwards of 350 markets and this compares favourably against almost every other online bookmaker – large or small.
Aside from football, there is comprehensive coverage of many other sports, most notably tennis – where you can bet on outright in the Grand Slam competitions plus pre-game markets on many large competitions such as Challengers and ATP. Cricket, eSports and US sports also feature heavily here with a wide range of betting markets, while you can also find coverage of golf, table tennis, darts, motor sports, cycling and much more. All-in-all, BetTarget is a forward-looking and progressive online bookmaker with a wide range of great free betting promotions aimed at regular players, however new customers haven’t been forgotten. Indeed, once registered with BetTarget, you can take advantage of a great welcome bonus which takes the form of ‘Bet £15 Get £10’. Simply open a new account using the exclusive links on this page, make a first deposit of at least £15 and bet this amount on any BetTarget market (restrictions and minimum odds apply), then you will receive a free bet bonus to the tune of £10. Terms and conditions apply.
Free Bet terms and conditions
18+, New customers only. Min wagering on sport £15. Max one £10 free bet. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater. Paid as bonus token with min 4/5 odds req. Selected payment methods only. Bet expires after 14 days of being credited. Click to see full T&Cs
Boylesports – Bet £10 Get £20 Free Bet Offer
Boylesports are a big player on the UK online betting scene and they are the largest independent bookmaker in the Republic of Ireland. Boylesports consistently feature highly when compared to their main competitors and have a huge following due to their excellent range of sports betting markets and excellent free bets and promotions aimed at regular players. Here you will find all major sports covered on the excellent website and mobile app, while new players can benefit from an exceptional welcome sign-up free bet bonus offer. Register today using the exclusive links provided on this page, make an initial deposit, wager £10 or more on any Boylesports betting market (some restrictions may apply, see full terms and conditions) and you will receive a free bet bonus to the tune of £20.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. Free bet applied on 1st settlement of any qualifying bet. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. 1 Free Bet offer per customer, household & IP Address only. 18+. T&Cs apply
Kwiff – Bet £10 Get £20 Free Bet Bonus
Kwiff are one of the newer online betting operators on the already congested UK betting scene but they are one of the best new arrivals to have appeared in recent years. One of the reasons for Kwiff’s success has been their boosted odds offer and this has proven to be hugely popular amongst punters. This is a simple promotion and it basically consists of having your odds boosted at random on almost any sport. Simply place a bet at Kwiff at set odds and you may well find your odds massively boosted, perhaps two-fold or possibly twenty-fold. This certainly adds a lot of excitement to your betting activity at this bookmaker and rather than being a gimmick, this promotion can result in players winning big from a relatively small stake and meagre initial odds. New customers can also benefit from Kwiff’s generous but simple welcome sign-up free bet – just make a deposit with Kwiff once registered, bet an initial £10 or more and once that first wager has been settled (either win or lose), you will be awarded a free bet to the tune of £20. This free bet bonus offer is subject to terms and conditions as set out on the Kwiff website and it is important that you read these terms fully before joining.
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic T&Cs: New customers & 18+ only. Min. deposit of £/€10.Qualifying real money bet of £/€10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer credited within 48 hours. Additional T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly
Betfred – Bet £10 Get £40 Free Bet
Betfred are one of the biggest players on the UK betting scene and they are one of the longest established. Here you will find an excellent website crammed with almost every conceivable sport and sporting event along with a multitude of betting markets and very competitive odds. There is an excellent rewards club for regular players and this offers a range of free bets and other promotions, while new players can benefit from a mouthwatering free bet offer of their own which is released once an initial deposit and first bet of at least £10 has been made. Once this initial bet has been settled, Betfred will offer a free bet bonus worth £40 which can be used on any betting market (subject to terms and conditions).
Free Bet terms and conditions
Basic terms: New 18+ UK customers only. Register using the promo code WELCOME40, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets and £10 in Free Spins (50x20p) credited within 10 hours of bet settlement. Free Bet stakes are not included in any returns. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply.
A guide to understanding Free Bets terms and conditions
A bookmaker free bet promotion is an excellent way to get started with any betting operator and they get you off to the best possible start, however it is worth remembering that all of these bonuses come with certain terms and conditions attached. These terms vary significantly between bookmakers and it is important that you understand fully what conditions are placed upon the free bet bonus. The offers themselves are usually extremely generous but they almost always come at some cost to yourself, generally in the form of a qualifying bet, and there may be a handful of other restrictions attached. As such it is vital that you read – and fully understand – all of the small print.
Here are the more important terms that you should always watch out for when taking advantage of any of the bookmaker free betting offers or any other promotion.
- Amount of qualifying deposit – Each and every online bookmaker will request that you make a first deposit once registered and this will generally be required – alongside a first bet – in order to unlock the free bet bonus. As a rule, most bookmakers ask for a deposit and/or first bet of £10 but some operators only ask for £5 before the free bet is released.
- Restricted payment methods – In some cases where you are studying the terms and conditions, you may notice that certain payment restrictions apply. This quite simply means that some payment methods cannot be used in order to release the welcome sign-up free bet bonus, for example certain eWallets such as Neteller and Skrill or even popular methods such as PayPal. The betting operator will make it clear in the terms and conditions which types aren’t accepted for the free bet although every one will readily accept major debit cards such as Visa and MasterCard. With this in mind, always make sure that you check up for any possible payment type restrictions before signing-up.
- Free Bet Turnover requirements – In many cases, a betting operator will impose some sort of wagering requirement or turnover requirement which will need to be met before any winnings from the initial free bet will be released. In a nutshell, this may mean that you can’t immediately withdraw any potential winnings from the free bet and will need to place more bets up to a certain amount. The amount of turnover needed will be clearly stated in the full terms and conditions attached to the particular free betting offer.
- Eligibility – All customers need to fully understand that not everyone will nee eligible for any sign-up bonus such as a free bet or matched deposit bonus. These ‘welcome’ promotions are aimed purely at new players who have never before registered with that particular bookmaker. Some of the free bet bonuses may be regional and may not be available to players from certain areas such as Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. It is also important to know that you must be 18 or over in order to register with an online bookmaker and the betting operator will always ask for proof of age upon joining.
- Time Limits on Free Bets – Most bookmakers put a time limit on when the free bet offer can be used. Once a player has registered a new account, they will generally need to claim any free bet welcome bonus within a set number of days, otherwise they will lose it altogether. As a rule, customers normally have seven days from the time of registration in which to claim the free betting bonus although this naturally varies between bookmakers.
- Caps on Free Bet Winnings – In some instances, a betting operator might place a limit or cap on how much a player can win when using the free bet bonus or any other promotion. Here you may never win more than that set amount and this will be made clear in the terms and conditions.
- Bet Type restrictions – In many cases there will be some sort of restriction imposed on the type of bet eligible for the initial free betting bonus, for example the qualifying bet may well have minimum odds imposed or it might be restricted to single bets. There will always need to be an initial stake required in order to unlock the free bet promotion although in almost every case this will be substantially less than the nominal amount of the bonus itself.
- Free Bets Bonus Code – On the whole, a free betting bonus will be released once you have met all of the conditions and placed an initial bet of a certain amount, however in some cases you will need to input a promotional code when prompted. It will be made clear what the code is but if you fail to enter it when prompted, you will likely lose the right to claim the free bet bonus.
- Stake Not Returned – In the event that you win from your sign-up free bet offer, the rule is that you won’t get the stake itself (the initial free bet) returned to you. Under normal circumstances, when betting with a bookmaker you would always get your stake back but this doesn’t apply to bookmaker sign-up free bets, unless stated otherwise in the terms and conditions.
Understanding Free Bets terms and conditions
Each and every free bet bookmaker offers a range of free betting options for new and existing players and these vary considerably in type and scope. As such it is vital that you read and fully understand every single terms and condition placed upon each free bet promotion which you are considering taking advantage of. These free bet offers may seem very generous – indeed they generally are – but in most cases they come at a cost to the player, usually a qualifying ‘first’ bet and initial deposit. There may also be other restrictions attached, for example deposit type or regional restrictions.
Here are just a few of the most important key terms which you should always watch out for when taking advantage of a free betting offer from any of the main UK betting sites.
- Amount of Qualifying Deposit – Every one of the leading UK betting operator will request that you place funds into your new betting account once you have registered. This will generally bee needed – along with a first bet – to unlock any free bet sign-up offer. As a rule, the initial deposit (and wager) is £10 although some betting operators ask for just £5 in order to release the free bet bonus.
- Payment Methods/Types – For many free bet sign-up promotions and many other bonuses, you might notice that certain payment types won’t unlock the free bet bonus on offer. These will be outlined under the heading ‘payment restrictions apply’ or similar and they effectively mean that you can’t claim the bonus should your first deposit and/or wager be from a certain payment type such as Neteller, Skrill etc. Most free bets can be released by debit cards/MasterCard, however it is always wise to check for yourself and ensure that the free bet sign-up bonus will be coming your way.
- Turnover requirements – In many cases, a betting operator will add a turnover or wagering requirement to the free bet offer and this simply means that you won’t be able to withdraw any potential winnings you make from the free betting bonus until you have wagered more up to a predetermined limit. The amount of turnover needed will be outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Caps on Winnings – In some cases, a betting operator might place a limit or cap on how much you may win from your sign-up free bet bonus or any other promotional offer. In these cases you may win more than this amount and this will be made clear in the T&Cs.
- Eligibility – It is very important to realise that you cannot claim more than one sign-up free bet bonus with each online betting operator. Once you have used the new-customer free bet bonus, then you cannot claim it again. These free betting bonuses are only available to players who have never before had an account with the same bookmaker, while it is important to consider that they might not be available to players from certain regions or countries, ie: Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. Also, players under the age of 18 cannot join a bookmaker and all new customers will be asked to provide proof of ID, including age upon registering.
- Time Limits – Most bookmaker free bet offers come with a time limit attached, ie: once the free bet has been unlocked, you must use it within the timeframe set out in the terms and conditions. This is generally around seven days from the free bet bonus being offered. failure to use it within this timeframe will result in it being lost.
- Bet Type Restrictions – Some types of bet won’t be eligible for the initial free bet sign-up bonus. There may for example be minimum odds imposed on this first ‘qualifying’ wager and the general rule here is Evens or 1/2. There will usually be a minimum stake which you will need to wager although this isn’t always the case. Either way, the stake required will be less than the free bet amount (in the vast majority of cases). Some free bets may not be valid for multiples, accas, each-way bets etc.
- Free Bets Bonus Codes – Most free bet bonuses will be unlocked once you have made a first deposit and placed an initial wager up to a predetermined amount, however there are cases where you will need to quote a promotional code in order to release the bonus. This will need to be input when prompted and will generally be asked for during the registration process. If you fail to provide this code, you won’t receive the free bet sign-up bonus, even if you meet all of the other requirements. Each bonus code will be clearly displayed in the relevant terms and conditions.
Is a Free Bet actually free?
When an online bookmaker offers new players a Free Bet, then it understandably holds appeal to new players who are on the lookout for the best value for money. Nevertheless, while the free bet is actually free in itself in that the player won’t need to part with any cash when using the actual free bet bonus, it could be argued that it isn’t really free in the truest sense of the word given that you will (in most cases) need to make a deposit and place a qualifying bet in order to get your hands on it. In this sense, the player IS actually paying to get the free bet. Not only that but should you win from the free bet bonus, you won’t necessarily be able to withdraw any winnings straight away as you could from a standard winning wager.
It is very rare to find a free betting sign-up offer where you won’t be asked to make a first deposit or place an initial wager and where these promotions are available, they are generally for much smaller amounts. That said, for regular free bet offers the nominal amount of the offer is generally far larger than the initial deposit required, in some instances an initial deposit and bet of just £5 enough to release a bonus to the value of £30.
How to find the very best Free Betting Offers
When looking for the very value from the leading UK bookmakers, most punters are initially attracted by the free bet sign-up offer and while in no way should these be the sole consideration when searching for a new betting operator, they are nonetheless a great way to get started.
The free betting sign-up offer will be a big initial draw for many new customers and while there are many different types of free bet bonus up for grabs, the majority of players will opt for the simple but easy-to-claim ‘Bet X Get X’ offer, a typical example of this type of offer being Bet £10 Get £30 free bets (other amounts available).
As mentioned earlier, many betting sites offer a matched deposit bonus to new players and the amount of the free bet here is determined solely on how much the player deposits initially after registering. In most cases the bookmaker will offer a 100% matched deposit bonus (a £50 deposit being matched with £50 by the bookmaker), while others may offer 50% (a £50 deposit being ‘matched’ with £25 by the bookmaker) and so on.
These matched deposit offers certainly represent excellent value but as a rule they fall short of the simple free bet offer. For example, a typical matched deposit bonus offer will see an initial £10 deposit matched with a free bet bonus to the value of £10 (bonus of 100%), however the simple free bet sign-up offer mentioned above would see that same £10 deposit/bet unlock a free bet of £30 (bonus of 300%).
It should also be remembered that there are always many other considerations to be taken into account when choosing a free bet bonus from a betting operator. The amount offered as a sign-up free betting offer may be extremely tempting but you should take many things into account, for example:
- What minimum deposit do I need to make in order to release the free bet bonus
- When will the free bet bonus be credited to my new betting account?
- Are there any time restrictions attached to the free betting bonus offer?
- What amount of qualifying bet will I need to make in order to unlock the free bet?
- If there are restrictions attached to winnings made from the free bet bonus, are they realistic?
- Are the many wagering/turnover requirements attached to the free bet bonus?
- Can I use the free bet bonus on any sports betting market or are there many restrictions?
- Are there any deposit restrictions which could affect my ability to claim the sign-up free bet bonus?
- Is the bookmaker in question fully licensed in accordance to the relevant local gambling commission or regulatory body?
Football Free Bets
All of the best UK bookmakers offer a range of free bets to customers and the vast majority give football centre stage on their sites. Most of the free betting sign-up bonuses can be used on the larger football games and tournaments such as the Premier League, Champions league, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, World Cup, European Championships etc. As well as free bet bonuses, the beautiful game is also the subject of regular price boosts, some of these specific to certain teams or players. Many free bet bookmakers have devoted dedicated sections to football and on the whole, fans of this sport are extremely well catered for, even at the smaller sites.
Horse Racing Free Bets
The vast majority of betting operators offer a wide range of free bets and price boosts for UK and Irish horse racing and this can be a massive draw for punters in their search for a new online bookmaker. As well as these free bet promotions, many of the larger operators offer best Odds Guaranteed, this effectively meaning that you will receive the biggest price between placing your wager and the start of the race in question.
Horse racing free bets are available with all bookmakers who cover the sport and they can be used on any UK and Irish meeting, unless stated otherwise.
Tennis Free Bets
All of the UK and Irish bookmakers offer free bets for a variety of tennis tournaments, both in the United Kingdom and further afield. Indeed, the Grand Slam tournaments are generally the subject of special ‘one-off’ free betting promotions and these are available to both new players and existing customers, where specified. As with free bets for other sports, these offers are all subject to terms and conditions as well as wagering requirements.
Cricket Free Bets
Cricket is a massive global sport which is the subject of many bookmaker free bet offers. Many of the larger bookmakers cover cricket in great detail and the range of free betting offers for this sport can be wide ranging, especially for the larger competitions such as the Ashes Test Matches and the Indian Premier League.