Here at Freebet.com we are completely committed to ensuring that all readers bet completely within their means and adhere at all times to safe and responsible online gambling when using this website. We will always do our utmost to ensure that all of our users keep all gambling habits completely under control at all times and to that end we have included details of useful links to the likes of Gamcare and Gambleaware.co.uk as well as handy advice on how players can gamble responsibly.
Responsible Gambling Advice from Freebet.com
- Set money limits at all times and never exceed these
- Only bet what you can afford to lose
- Never chase any losses you have previously made through gambling
- Take many frequent breaks
- Try and limit your time spent gambling
- Gamble just for fun, this is not a way to make money
- Never gamble when under influence of drugs or drink
- Never gamble when upset, annoyed or depressed
- Put friends and family before gambling, always
- There is help available, don’t be afraid to ask if you need it
Some signs that your gambling may be a problem
- You spend time attempting to chase previous losses made through gambling
- You tend to think more and more about betting
- You find yourself spending more time gambling than you did previously
- You start to lose interest in other hobbies and pastimes
- You find yourself gambling ever larger amounts
- Your savings start to diminish because of your gambling habits
- You start borrowing money from friends, family or money-lenders for gambling
- You steal money or valuables to fund your gambling
- You feel yourself becoming withdrawn and/or depressed
Responsible Gambling from your betting provider
Each and every online bookmaker has a duty of care for all of their customers and as such they each offer settings designed to help players in the event that they feel they are either gambling too much or spending too much time gambling. These settings will assist you in keeping control of your gambling and some of the tools available to you include:
- Deposit Limit – You can set a deposit limit and this will mean that you won’t be able to deposit more than a predetermined amount.
- Time Check Alert – This check will notify you of how much time you spend gambling
- Cool Off Period – You can take a break from online gambling at any time and you can ask the bookmaker to block access for a specified period
- Blocking – Similar to cooling off period, you can ask the betting operator to block you temporarily.
Useful Links for Gambling help and assistance
BeGambleAware – Here you can discover all the information you need in order to recognise whether you have a gambling problem or even that you could be moving towards such an issue. You can also find help and advice here.
Gamcare – This is a registered charity which offers help and advice to those who feel they may need some assistance. Counselling and telephone support are always on hand here.